Right priority and the right workflow
We get it. You only have time for solutions that focus on the right priorities and the right workflow for your business. We are not the best fit for every organization.
Keep reading to find out if the value that intelligent content recommendations provide matches your top priorities. If you check that box then, the next section addresses whether Cobomba is aligned to your desired workflow.
Answering these two questions: Right priority? and Right workflow? will help you decide whether Cobomba is the right fit for you at this time.
Do you need Intelligent content recommendations to grow your business?
It’s not surprising to us that more organizations are relying on marketing content to grow their business.
We’d say you are a business that will benefit from intelligent content if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Are your customers spending more time researching and shopping online than in the past?
- Are your traditional sales and marketing channels slowing down?
- Do your execs believe that marketing must play an increasing role in driving leads and sales for the business?
- Would you like most of the leads for your business to be inbound? - meaning that they find you before you find them.
- Are you spending way too much time researching and planning your content strategy and not enough time on creative execution?
- Do you still end up guessing about what content to create or update even when you have long lists of keyword and website traffic metrics?
After reviewing these questions, some people wonder if there could be any business that wouldn’t benefit from intelligent content recommendations.
Oh, believe us. They’re out there. You might be one of those businesses reading this article right now.
Intelligent content is probably not a top priority for you if your business fits into one of these categories:
- You don’t have a website, a facebook page, or any other channel to share your business except a brick and mortar location and a phone listing in the yellow pages, AND your business is working fine
- You can’t handle all of the leads you receive, and you wish less people wanted to do business with you
- Outbound sales is the dominant revenue channel for your business, and your outbound sales people each act like an army of one. They sell on doorsteps, create their own collateral, or ignore the marketing content that is available to them.
- Your business is purely transactional and doesn’t rely much on sales or marketing. (Traditional energy retailers outside the state of Texas, I’m looking at you)
- Your business relies on a very small number of very high dollar transactions with a very small number of buyers. (Major airline manufacturers, I’m looking at you. Coincidentally, I learned in a past life that the Japanese import market for wheat works this way, as well)
Can you save time and increase content effectiveness using an intelligent content recommendation engine?
We believe you should expect a minimum 10x return on your investment in a software solution. For Cobomba that means you should be making a minimum of $3k a month through increased revenue and increased productivity. It will depend on your business whether that looks like closing a new deal, 30 hours less time spent on content, or fewer dollars spent on other tools.
Intelligent content via Cobomba may be the growth accelerator you need if your organization checks one or more of the following boxes:
- You own the strategy, the execution, or both for your marketing content calendar. This means that first, you have a content calendar - or you know you need one. And second, it means you are responsible for developing your content topic pillars and regularly producing marketing content that supports your customer at each step of the journey.
- You have a marketing team. Your team may be you alone, but if you are fully dedicated to marketing in your organization, that may be enough focus to commit to the hard work of consistently producing high quality relevant content.
- You always feel like you don’t have quite enough resources to go around even though you have a marketing team and you may have invested in marketing agency support and numerous marketing software solutions.
- Marketing content is seen as an imperative for your organization whether that is to support outbound sales efforts or attract quality leads
On the other hand, there are some businesses that will benefit from intelligent content recommendations. Still, Cobomba may not be the right solution at this time if your business looks like the following:
- Your marketing content is completely outsourced. In other words someone else identifies important audience themes, researches content topics, and produces and promotes the content. If that is your situation, we encourage you to recommend Cobomba to the team that produces your content rather than you adopting Cobomba yourself.
- You are a very small team and you wear many hats outside of marketing. You may recognize the value of marketing content for your business, but you are tackling content ad hoc rather than a dedicated effort to improve the relevance, discoverability, and value of your content. Come back to Cobomba once you have at least one person on your team fully dedicated to marketing.
- You are a very large team with many specialized team members and a huge content production volume. You may feel like you have the resources you need and the system in place to research and produce effective content efficiently. You may feel that your content priorities are more about getting the sales team to use the content you already have or managing content personalization and updates at scale. Cobomba is ready to help you prioritize topics for new content and candidates for content refreshes. However, you may not be ready for Cobomba until something changes to your status quo.
- The majority of your marketing content is focused on formats and channels that Cobomba doesn’t support (yet). For example, if your marketing content is focused almost exclusively on paid advertising online or offline. Or, if your business is built around a physical store with in-store display, print, and outdoor media your primary marketing communication channels.